April 24th: Quarantined for a Month Now

 

NOUVELLE OPTION: Version française

My appetite for Italy


My friends, my loved ones,

A few ideas come to mind on this beautiful spring birthday:


1.     My iPhone does not recognize my fingerprints anymore because I wash my hands so often! I have to start entering my code again! Ah, come on ! 😡 Yes, I have become very lazy!
2.     I would like drive-ins to reopen. We don’t run into anyone, we eat what we bring, which is much cheaper than what they sell, and we can booze up! 
3.     I wash my body less as I do absolutely nothing all day!
4.     I have an apoplexy fit when I think of going outside! So I procrastinate doing errands. 😷
5.     I am so set on not going out that I buy a huge amount of groceries, I cook and freeze everything for it to last me 3 weeks!
6.     I have never stretched as much the use of toilet paper rolls! 😳
7.     I have never made puzzles and knitted so much in my life!






8.     I only think of one thing: be confined at Notre-Dame-du-Portage. At least the view is better!


9.     I’ve always hated winter, but today, I hate it even more because it is too cold for me to sit on my balcony!
10. I’m learning to slow down…
11. Exactly 10 years ago, to the day, I was headed for the first time to Italy, Positano to be more specific, a few days after the eruption of the volcano in Iceland: plain diverted, very long trip, but I sat at a restaurant in Positano on April 24th at 11:20 p.m.! Just in time to celebrate!


12. No trip for my birthday this year. I will just close my eyes and image I'm there?
13. I am very happy not to have my hair colored or else I would look like hell! 😱
14. I am happy to be scared to go outside or else I would always be at the liquor store and I would weigh 300 pounds! 
15. Usually, I like having people around I can talk to, but these days, I look at everyone getting too close to me with the dirty look!
16. I must admit I love the silence on Notre-Dame-de-Grace Avenue during this quarantine. I can now sleep with the windows open! It is more peaceful!


17. I must admit that I sympathize with the planet that has a little bit of time to take a breath and with the sky that is finally clear.
18. As most families in Quebec, I have started once again to bake Ricardo’s oven baked bread. In times of confinement, f@#& paleo!


19. I know I can’t touch my eyes, my nose, my mouth, but can we touch other parts during this difficult time??? 😂😉

Even if I am alone for my birthday, I recognize that I am very privileged to be able to stay in quarantine without worries and I am not complaining because many families are living through much more difficult things. Also, I will not be totally alone as I will take advantage of FaceTime for cocktail hour and my neighbors have left me a surprise this morning as they sang happy birthday:



I ask all of you to be careful, don't take any chances so you can stay healthy, it would be the best birthday gift you could offer me.

Big kiss,

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment